2018 Board of Director Openings
This year we have four positions on the Board of Directors up for election. I encourage all of you to read the descriptions below and see if you would be interested in participating as a member of the Board of Directors for the 2019 & 2020 swim seasons. Board members who successfully fulfill their Board of Directors responsibilities will not be assessed their annual membership dues while serving on the Board. If you are interested, please submit a written summary announcing your candidacy and summarizing your experience relative to the position. Please send it to me before July 22nd at email@example.com and drop off a copy with the General Manger. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions regarding these positions.
Vice President – (2 year term then transitions into President for 2 additional years)
- The Vice President shall, in the absence and/or incapacity of the President, perform all duties of the President.
- Shall become the President for the balance of any term during which the Presidency becomes vacant
- Shall assist the President in matters related to the management of the club.
- Shall serve as chairman of special committees as assigned.
- Shall oversee FGSC operations and management.
- Chair the nominating committee.
Swim Team Director – (2 year term)
- The Swim Team Director acts on Behalf of the Club in all meetings with Harford Swim League.
- Develops and maintain position description for the swim team coach.
- Recommends to the Board of Directors a candidate for swim team coach a minimum of two months prior to the season.
- Prepares and submits the swim team budget to the treasurer.
Membership Director – (2 year term)
- The Membership Director shall maintain and preserve membership records.
- Process applications for prospective members and maintain the waiting list.
- Process and track renewals, inactive requests, resignations, membership fee refunds, and new member fee, and dues payment.
- Provide Club management with list of current membership no later than the third Sunday in May.
Social Director – (2 year term)
- The Social Director shall prepare for approval during the April meetings, a proposed social agenda for the upcoming season.
- Submit a budget to the Board of Directors for approval of expenditures for social events for the upcoming season.
- Maintain and provide the Secretary all records and reports of social functions within 15 days of the conclusion of a social event.
Greg Baldino- Vice President